Our African Home philosophy is creative empowerment…
- We provide work for members of disadvantaged communities who struggle to eke out an existence on a daily basis.
- We design, create and market new products which challenge our crafters’ technical skills while cultivating their creative thinking
- We are committed to ensuring that our artisans are paid a fee that they regard as fair and equitable in terms of their effort and resources
- We are dedicated to developing and increasing our crafter base (capacity building) which provides financial support for our crafters.
- We nurture our relationships with craftspeople – establishing a platform for sound business principles whilst always maintaining the human focus
- Our partnerships are created through joint decision-making and conceptualization
- We are 100% B-BBEE rated
Our Environmental Endeavors…
- We maintain and practice a strong commitment to ecological awareness
- We try to ensure that all materials in our products are sustainable natural resources found in South Africa.
- Many natural and local products are used such as reeds, clay, wire, and recycled materials.
- Our extensive craft range is the result of the rich tapestry of crafts people working with a diverse, almost endless array of natural materials – beads, wire, wood carvings, African textiles, clay and glass are the most prominent
- The beauty of the traditional handicraft translates into contemporary design home ware and accessories.
Southern African indigenous aesthetics are represented in our leading ranges – Zulu beadwork and basketry , Xhosa embroidery and Ndebele designs.